Hello, You are not currently signed into Clean Competitive Racing Online.
Please Sign in / Register to Sign up to our events.

Thank you
SLR Dalton 026

清潔競爭力的賽車在線

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Like us on Facebook.
Latest topics
» Forza Horizon
Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:22 am by SLR Sam 046

» 24 Hours of LeMans
Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:23 am by CocoasaurusRex

» Series Discussions
Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:57 am by Elchupacabra515

» Series Media Thread
Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:04 am by ABLanky15

» Current Standings
Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:14 pm by GitchiManidoo

» The peoples car has finally made its way into forza
Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:26 am by VW Man 53

» Photography
Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:19 am by ABLanky15

» Dusting off the Wheel.
Sat May 26, 2012 3:52 am by Phobes

» Driver Registration!
Thu May 24, 2012 9:41 am by xSAx Mikster

Most active topics
Series Discussions
Series Discussions
Mini Challenge Discussions
Series Discussions
Series Discussions
Driver Registration!
Discussions Page
Car / Team Preference page
Series Discussions
Top posting users this month
September 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Statistics
We have 163 registered users
The newest registered user is xSAx Mikster

Our users have posted a total of 3380 messages in 279 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 26 on Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:02 pm
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of Clean Competitive Racing Online on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website

Share | 

Simulation Steering?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SLR Dalton 026
Founder

PostSubject: Simulation Steering?   Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:57 pm

Hello guys,

I have been doing a little testing on the advice of a friend and have come to ask a little advice.
I have tested with and without Simulation steering and i have come to the conclusion that when driving on a controller you are a few tenths faster a lap without simulation steering activated.

I would now like to ask the members of the forum that use a controller if they feel like they are at an unfair advantage against the guys using Racing wheels with the settings we use.

I am trying to establish whether or not you guys feel the racing would be closer / fairer between the guys with a wheel and the guys with a controller if simulation steering was not forced on.

There is no wrong answer to any of these questions, i am just looking for honest opinions before i discuss changing any rules.

Please run 5 laps on the same track in the same car with simulation steering both on and off before answering.

Please Answer Below:

1) Do you use a controller when racing on Forza Motorsport 4?

2) How do you find Simulation steering effects you and your race?

3) Do you feel the Simulation steering is suited more for drivers with a wheel?

4) Do you feel simulation steering is holding you back in the series?

5) Were your 5 laps faster with or without simulation steering?
5a) If your answer was Without - Do you think it would make your more competitive or over competitive?

6) What are your main views and opinions about Simulation steering?

7) Do you think Simulation steering should be in CCRO events for Controller Users and why?

Last edited by SLR Dalton 026 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ccro.co.uk
SLR Jacko 088

PostSubject: Re: Simulation Steering?   Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:32 pm

Edited...after a long time of using both I would like to edit my first post. I tried both styles a little more and found that my first opinions were posted to quickly so I put in some more time and found that I'm happier/faster with simulation steering.

1) Do you use a controller when racing on Forza Motorsport 4? - No, I use a wheel.

2) How do you find Simulation steering effects you and your race? - It's a bit more sensitive but feels much better than normal when you get used to it.

3) Do you feel the Simulation steering is suited more for drivers with a wheel? - I do.

4) Do you feel simulation steering is holding you back in the series? - Nope

5) Were your 5 laps faster with or without simulation steering? - Faster with simulation.
5a) If your answer was Without - Do you think it would make your more competitive or over competitive? - I think it feels more realistic but not necessarily faster.

6) What are your main views and opinions about Simulation steering? - With the things I've heard and read from people it seems there are differing opinions across the board. Maybe could be left as a personal choice whether people want to or don't want to use it.

7) Do you think Simulation steering should be in CCRO events for Controller Users and why? Again maybe with the confusion and differing opinions it can be left up to the driver if they want to use it or not.

Last edited by SLR Jacko 088 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ABLanky15
Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Simulation Steering?   Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:54 am

1) Do you use a controller when racing on Forza Motorsport 4? I do

2) How do you find Simulation steering effects you and your race? I find it makes it more challenging and much more fun.

3) Do you feel the Simulation steering is suited more for drivers with a wheel? No, it just takes some getting used to. I prefer it as on a controller I find I can do much more sudden movements to avoid crashes etc.

4) Do you feel simulation steering is holding you back in the series? Definatly not, I won the mini's with it on!

5) Were your 5 laps faster with or without simulation steering? Pretty much the same
5a) N/A

6) What are your main views and opinions about Simulation steering? I really like it, it makes the cars feel much more realistic and challenging. I prefer it to normal steering!

7) Do you think Simulation steering should be in CCRO events for Controller Users and why? I think it should be, I can keep up with you guys using a wheel, and Smokey's one of the fastest guys out there and he uses a controller! I do however think it should be up to the driver, if some guys want to run it to be a little more competitive then they should be able to! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RING A DING Dez

PostSubject: Re: Simulation Steering?   Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:24 am

1) Do you use a controller when racing on Forza Motorsport 4? yes

2) How do you find Simulation steering effects you and your race? it makes it alot easier to spin the car with it on

3) Do you feel the Simulation steering is suited more for drivers with a wheel? yes

4) Do you feel simulation steering is holding you back in the series? personaly no as i run with it on but if u use a controller and are not used to it, it would hold u back

5a) If your answer was Without - Do you think it would make your more competitive or over competitive? exact same time

6) What are your main views and opinions about Simulation steering? simulation steering is designed for steering wheels not really for controllers as i said i run with it on as i like a challenge but for those who dont use it it will make them slower

7) Do you think Simulation steering should be in CCRO events for Controller Users and why? it should be upto the driver whether to have it on or off
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MR 8LONDE

PostSubject: Re: Simulation Steering?   Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:58 am

1) Do you use a controller when racing on Forza Motorsport 4? Yes

2) How do you find Simulation steering effects you and your race? Creates a more realistic driving experience.

3) Do you feel the Simulation steering is suited more for drivers with a wheel? No

4) Do you feel simulation steering is holding you back in the series? No

5a) If your answer was Without - Do you think it would make your more competitive or over competitive? With

6) What are your main views and opinions about Simulation steering? When Forza 4 came in, the first thing I did was turn simulation steering on and i've never looked back. I LIKE that the car will get loose if you don't come out of a turn properly. I like that with simulation steering it's not just point and go, you have to feather it and control it.

7) Do you think Simulation steering should be in CCRO events for Controller Users and why? I suppose it should be up to the driver. (Much like ABS and the racing line)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CocoasaurusRex

PostSubject: Re: Simulation Steering?   Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:22 pm

2) How do you find Simulation steering effects you and your race? Much more realistic. The only time I've ever used regular steering is just now to test it out as per your request.

3) Do you feel the Simulation steering is suited more for drivers with a wheel? No, I love it with the controller.

4) Do you feel simulation steering is holding you back in the series? Nope

5) Were your 5 laps faster with or without simulation steering? About the same. I've always used simulation steering from day 1, so I was more used to the feel of it.
5a) If your answer was Without - Do you think it would make your more competitive or over competitive?

6) What are your main views and opinions about Simulation steering? It should always be on for realism.

7) Do you think Simulation steering should be in CCRO events for Controller Users and why? Yes, but I feel like beginners or back-runners should be allowed to have simulation steering off to help them get better. Once they become competitive with the guys that use simulation steering, they should then switch to simulation steering.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EMW Rusty

PostSubject: Re: Simulation Steering?   Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:39 am

Im only doing this because i disagree with Op

1) Do you use a controller when racing on Forza Motorsport 4? Both

2) How do you find Simulation steering effects you and your race? I can be more presice with my steering imputs and have more control over the car with the pad

3) Do you feel the Simulation steering is suited more for drivers with a wheel? No it is not unless you drift

4) Do you feel simulation steering is holding you back in the series? On the leaderboards and any racing i am ALOT faster and more consistant.

5) Were your 5 laps faster with or without simulation steering? With

6) What are your main views and opinions about Simulation steering? sim steering will suit some drivers more than others, If you are already super smooth on a pad your times will improve no end, On a wheel it is horrendous (trust me i have both), Even the makers of Fanatec have said so! if you drift though its perfect

7) Do you think Simulation steering should be in CCRO events for Controller Users and why? i think it should be allowed, i tried hotlapping the other day on normal mode and realised just how AWFUL it was! Assists slow you down and this is what it did! i lost 0.2 to 0.3 on a track onl6 60seconds long!!

Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SLR Dalton 026
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Simulation Steering?   Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:11 pm

Sorry but i think you miss understand the Questionnaire. This is not about weather or not people agree or disagree its also not about who is wrong and who is right. its just about getting peoples opinions to see weather my initial choice to force simulation steering on, was a mistake and weather or not i should allow people to use normal steering during the events on CCRO.

PostSubject: Re: Simulation Steering?   Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:33 am

2) How do you find Simulation steering effects you and your race? Gives me more freedom to do what I want with the car

3) Do you feel the Simulation steering is suited more for drivers with a wheel? No

4) Do you feel simulation steering is holding you back in the series? Nope, I think it makes me faster

5) Were your 5 laps faster with or without simulation steering? With

6) What are your main views and opinions about Simulation steering? Personally I find that it gives me the freedom to put the car where I want. Running normal steering felt like having a hand guide me around the track. But I can see it being a benefit to people that are finding it a little bit harder to run with higher performance cars

7) Do you think Simulation steering should be in CCRO events for Controller Users and why? It should be down to the individual player
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simulation Steering?   

Back to top Go down

Simulation Steering?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Members Area :: Discussions Pages-
Jump to: