Hello, You are not currently signed into Clean Competitive Racing Online.
Please Sign in / Register to Sign up to our events.

Thank you
SLR Dalton 026
Hello, You are not currently signed into Clean Competitive Racing Online.
Please Sign in / Register to Sign up to our events.

Thank you
SLR Dalton 026
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

清潔競爭力的賽車在線

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Like us on Facebook.
Latest topics
» Forza Horizon
Nissan Delta wing Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 2:22 am by SLR Sam 046

» 24 Hours of LeMans
Nissan Delta wing Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 6:23 am by CocoasaurusRex

» Series Discussions
Nissan Delta wing Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:57 am by Elchupacabra515

» Series Media Thread
Nissan Delta wing Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 6:04 am by ABLanky15

» Current Standings
Nissan Delta wing Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 10:14 pm by GitchiManidoo

» The peoples car has finally made its way into forza
Nissan Delta wing Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 4:26 am by VW Man 53

» Photography
Nissan Delta wing Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 3:19 am by ABLanky15

» Dusting off the Wheel.
Nissan Delta wing Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 3:52 am by Phobes

» Driver Registration!
Nissan Delta wing Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 9:41 am by xSAx Mikster

Most active topics
Series Discussions
Series Discussions
Mini Challenge Discussions
Series Discussions
Series Discussions
Driver Registration!
Discussions Page
Car / Team Preference page
Series Discussions
Top posting users this month
No user
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Gallery
Nissan Delta wing Empty
Statistics
We have 163 registered users
The newest registered user is xSAx Mikster

Our users have posted a total of 3380 messages in 279 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 213 on Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:11 pm
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Clean Competitive Racing Online on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website

Nissan Delta wing

Go down 
+2
Nitrous Smurf
SLR Sam 046
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SLR Sam 046
SLR Sam 046

Nissan Delta wing Empty
PostSubject: Nissan Delta wing   Nissan Delta wing Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 6:20 pm

Just seen some pictures of the new Nissan Delta wing testing at Sebring. Man this thing looks strange.

Its going to be running at Le Mans this year. I listened to the launch on radio le mans yesterday. Apparently it only weighs 500KG and has a 1.6 lit turbo petrol engine, but it will do over 200mph.

I wonder if Turn 10 will ever put it in a DLC?.

(Sorry i could not get the picture any smaller.)

Nissan Delta wing Deltawing_spec_10_1_11

http://www.highcroftracing.com/deltawing/
Back to top Go down
Nitrous Smurf

Nissan Delta wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nissan Delta wing   Nissan Delta wing Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 8:16 pm

Doesn't look to save in my opnion (especially for a side impact).
I think the atom might even be able to match that car only it's probably way cheaper hahah and if it can't there's always the 500bhp option Very Happy
http://www.beststuff.com/blog/2009/06/14/500hp-aerial-atom-expected-cost-160000.html

But it's a strange car I am 100% sure it will understeer like crazy since there's no front downforce and the weight distribution is only 25% on the front. Also the front wheels being so close together doesn't help and makes the car look just lol.
Back to top Go down
SLR Jacko 088
SLR Jacko 088

Nissan Delta wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nissan Delta wing   Nissan Delta wing Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 8:58 pm

I read an article on it a few days ago, the driver said it feels and handles like any other car in it's class. He also said the under steer isn't bad and that it's really fuel efficient and only burns up tires at half the rate of cars it runs against. Less pit stops and greener. Looks like Batman hit the track!
Back to top Go down
Phobes
Phobes

Nissan Delta wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nissan Delta wing   Nissan Delta wing Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:32 pm

ive seen this post about in some places. looks interesting. would be cool in forza Razz
Back to top Go down
Elchupacabra515
Elchupacabra515

Nissan Delta wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nissan Delta wing   Nissan Delta wing Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 1:49 am

The car has been updated slightly since that photo was taken, the more recent version of the car is just black with a Nissan decal and sharper bodywork.

Really interesting car, I have to say. I thought it was an absolutely terrible idea when it was first revealed to the press, but I saw an onboard from a recent test, and it appears to be properly quick. The only worries I still have are about front end grip (there is very little aero downforce at the front, and only 25% of the weight is at the front) and passing in traffic, but I do hope it does well.

That being said, though, I can't see it revolutionizing motorsport, nor do I think it should - there is very little relevance to the road car industry at least currently, and their performance relative to the LMP teams is not really indicative of a fair comparison because teams like Audi and Toyota are stuck in a very strict rules box, while the Delta Wing has a free hand since they are running unclassified.

Two thumbs up, though, in the spirit of innovation, just like the Tyrrell P34, which is why I do like it.

Oh, on the topic of Le Mans, apparently, one of the new R18 Ultras was destroyed in a testing crash at Sebring on Monday night.
Back to top Go down
Phobes
Phobes

Nissan Delta wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nissan Delta wing   Nissan Delta wing Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 10:02 am

yeah, ive only ever seen it in the black. i think it looks better in the black.
Back to top Go down
BouFushidara
BouFushidara

Nissan Delta wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nissan Delta wing   Nissan Delta wing Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 9:22 am

They were looking at bringing the Delta wing to the Indy car series. It should be more aerodynamically efficient as well. And the front end weight can be solved with suspension tweaks. Lambo were criticized for the Miura having the engine in the middle, and Porsche have over come that same problem through the years. Just depends how clever the designers are
Back to top Go down
Nitrous Smurf

Nissan Delta wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nissan Delta wing   Nissan Delta wing Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 9:04 pm

well jah but there's a limit to what suspension can do to help the car assuming they have similar regulations to F1, meaning no active suspension or any other good stuff heheh. But will this car run only on the le mans track or the whole series?

One thing I do miss in general racing is a series without too much limitations, I mean look at F1 from the past and now, before they could work on all kinds of stuff on the car being the engine or any other component and this allowed them to use this new concept on road cars, but now it's just aero which isn't really that interesting for road cars and makes the racing quite boring to the extent that they need to put in tricks like the DRS so people can overtake.
Back to top Go down
Elchupacabra515
Elchupacabra515

Nissan Delta wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nissan Delta wing   Nissan Delta wing Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 1:14 am

Well, I would actually say that aerodynamics can be extremely interesting on road cars, but unlike with many mechanical developments in automobiles, aero can't be fully utilized in the modern automotive world because it is limited by the general population's want to keep cars big, comfortable, and luxurious. F1's innovations in aero, for me, at least, are really fascinating, but we haven't seen much tech. crossover to road cars since the basic diffuser. I don't think I'm alone here in thinking that hot-blown diffusers probably will not cross over to the road car market.

However, I do agree with you that there is a problem with strict regulations in a place like F1. The FIA could actually make the series exciting again without eliminating technological innovation - all they'd have to do is create a new regulations set with an extreme limit to the size of the rear wing. That way, cars could follow each other and race because there would not be as much wake from the rear wing, but aerodynamicists would be creating new innovations in order to claw back the lost downforce.
Back to top Go down
BouFushidara
BouFushidara

Nissan Delta wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nissan Delta wing   Nissan Delta wing Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 3:30 am

Nitrous- Active suspension doesn't need to be used. You're forgetting the use of ballasts that teams use to shift the weight back and forth.

Chupa- The F1 teams were thinking of going back to skinny rear wings (like they use in Monza) and developing the old ground effect idea. Creating a low pressure under the car to make it stick to the road. This way the car following doesn't loose down force. But they found it too expensive so they went for the DRS. But yeah I agree with you. I would love for the sport to loose all these regulations that limit development
Back to top Go down
Nitrous Smurf

Nissan Delta wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nissan Delta wing   Nissan Delta wing Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 4:57 am

jah but the ballast is only a certain amount you won't see a shift to 50-50 suddenly which should probably be most ideal since most F1 cars are about 50-50 and after all those years of development I am pretty sure they won't be wrong.

I just want the old racing back with true innovation hehehe. Then you will get the crazy and interresting stuff again like using fans to create a vaccuum under the car and making it "stick" to the road more, use of skirts, maybe something like a unlimited use of the KERS F1 system maybe people will do some crazy stuff and cover the outside of the car with solar panels so they can (charge and thus) use KERS all the time along with the brake charging it Very Happy. Just a few (maybe crazy) ideas. Ofcourse they can say that they don't have money for that but jah at the same time some people at the top are getting millions in bonusses without dercerving it.
Back to top Go down
BouFushidara
BouFushidara

Nissan Delta wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nissan Delta wing   Nissan Delta wing Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 11:59 pm

Well on my travels I found this website http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10189&sid=247fe8a6537832f0c7619c5391a8dcaa&start=255 and funny enough they're talking about the very same car. Apart from one guy has built his own simulator and is running the figures through it and the other guy has gone to uni to study this area.

It's a pretty good read to any one that is interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nissan Delta wing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nissan Delta wing   Nissan Delta wing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nissan Delta wing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Members Area :: Discussions Pages-
Jump to: